NRDC is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 1.3 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals.
The New York Times calls us "One of the nation's most powerful environmental groups." The National Journal says we're "A credible and forceful advocate for stringent environmental protection."
Our dedicated staff work with businesses, elected leaders, and community groups on the biggest issues we face today. Our priorities include:
* Curbing Global Warming and Creating the Clean Energy Future
* Reviving the World's Oceans
* Defending Endangered Wildlife and Wild Places
* Protecting Our Health by Preventing Pollution
* Ensuring Safe and Sufficient Water
* Fostering Sustainable Communities