Save the beach: new project,

Save Y. 20°

Hi all,

have you never heard about the project “Save the beach”, sponsored by Corona. Facebook page: http://bit.ly/england-savethebeach

I give you just this short information about the project because i'm sure thsi could be interesting for lots of you. We are trying to make more and more people interested in the project and we would like them to take part actively.

The principal target of this initiative is to make people aware of waste problem affecting beaches, the preservation of the environment and to rehabilitate every year at least one of these beaches in Europe.
To achieve this target, the project is set up as follows: from the day before World Environment Day (5th of June) users of www.coronitasavethebeach.org can enlist a beach they want to save in 2010.
The only thing they need to do is to take a picture or make a video that shows the dangerous state of the place and upload it on the page. On the 23rd of August everyone will be invited to vote for the beach Corona Beer will save in 2010.
In 2009 the Project was really successful: thousand of Europeans, worried about the environment and their beaches, visited the website www.coronitasavethebeach.org and put the spotlight on endangered beaches with pictures and videos and participated actively in the vote for the selection of the beach to save. The beach selected was Capocotta (Lazio), only 20km away from where the Hotel Corona “Save The Beach” will be built.
Lots of events have been organized all around the world to raise awareness for the campaign, from a fashion event with Top Model Bar Refaeli wearing the spring summer collection of Custo Barcelona to a massive concert in the second part of August on Salou beach, Tarragona.
The festival attracted more than 30,000 guests and featured the best bands of the moment like Jarabe de Palo y Pignoise. The same concert will take place again on the 17th of June this year, featuring amongst others Las Orejas de Vangogh.

I hope you can all support the project,

Best,
Green Love
PS. I’m also on twitter if you are interested: @saveyourbeach

4 replies

Jon M.

The above statement is seen to be contradictory. The situation is
very critical and need an experience complainer to resolve it.
--------
jon.
Furniture Packages Turkey

Written in June 2010

well, it least an action was taken.

cathy from www.mailboxandpostshop.com/wall-mount-mailbox-c...

Written in June 2010

wall mount mailbox

Written in June 2010

Hello everyone, I agree with the program to save our coastal environments from various kinds of disturbances caused either by the human, perhaps with strict regulation and supervision can reduce the environmental hazards which disturb the marine ecosystem and surrounding areas.

by bisnis internet

Written in June 2010

Featured Companies & Orgs 

Pledge to do these related actions

Good Food March 2012 - Call for Action, 11°

GOOD FOOD MARCH 2012 http://www.goodfoodmarch.eu/home.html A citizen gathering on the future of food and farming ...

March for Renewable Energy!, 1°

Environmental Media Northwest and Captain Ozone are organizing a public March for Renewable Energy in ...

Get Your Own Website with a Bright Green Web Host, 93°

Your website, as an expression of your vision and passion, is the greatest shot you've ...

Follow these related projects

Media information on line

Melbourne, Australia

Film and Lecture Series

Toronto (but the tour is international), Canada