earth soil ,

Naga P.

Soil makes up the outermost layer of our planet.
Topsoil is the most productive soil layer.
Soil has varying amounts of organic matter (living and dead organisms), minerals, and nutrients.
Five tons of topsoil spread over an acre is only as thick as a dime.
Natural processes can take more than 500 years to form one inch of topsoil.
Soil scientists have identified over 70,000 kinds of soil in the United States.
Soil is formed from rocks and decaying plants and animals.
An average soil sample is 45 percent minerals, 25 percent water, 25 percent air, and five percent organic matter.
Different-sized mineral particles, such as sand, silt, and clay, give soil its texture.
Fungi and bacteria help break down organic matter in the soil.
Plant roots and lichens break up rocks which become part of new soil.
Roots loosen the soil, allowing oxygen to penetrate. This benefits animals living in the soil.
Roots hold soil together and help prevent erosion.
Five to 10 tons of animal life can live in an acre of soil.
Earthworms digest organic matter, recycle nutrients, and make the surface soil richer.

3 replies

Gratitude for sharing this discussion with us. But i am recently working about itil certification because it is very instructive and obligatory for me.

Written in June 2010

Naga P.

The whole thing started when my plane landed in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon at 2:55pm coming from Cabo San Lucas. The guy sitting next to me on the plane asked me to loan him a pen so that he could fill out his customs form. I watched him fill out the form and clearly remember his birth year of 1984, but am a bit unsure about his name. I think it was -----, but in this story, we will refer to him as Pinche.

Written in June 2010

Naga P.

salam namaste iwant to take a picture on this cool babe wann u want to take me on that if u refuse I don't forgive u rest of my life do u understand what Iam saying i think u better understood about myself & Iam seeing such type of human being in verious cities that's why Iam very greatful of u gambling is a such bad habbits that remain u unconditional

Written in June 2010

Featured Companies & Orgs 

Pledge to do these related actions

Replace your lawn/garden with native plants, 31°

Plants that have developed locally are much more likely to be adapted to your environment ...

Typical Types of Rare-Earth Magnets, 1°

Permanent magnets are highly demanded in modern times. The strongest of all permanent magnet options ...

Follow these related projects

Carbon Nation - climate change solutions documentary

Louisville, Kentucky, United States