I'd like to bring to your attention this project:
For many of us, life is very good. Still, we share a vision for a better world:
* a world where everyone is guaranteed adequate food, clothing, shelter, health care, education, and fulfilling work;
* a world where land, air, water, the beauty of nature and the wealth we have created are protected and used carefully for our common good;
* a world where community and cooperation are at the center of our lives, where we care about and take care of each and every one of us, delighting in our diversity;
* a world where decisions are made by everyone, for everyone's benefit;
* a world without pollution, weapons, injustice, poverty, disease, misery, obscene consumption, corrupt governments and unrestrained corporations;
* a world at peace.
Our current economic system works against that vision, benefiting some people while leaving others miserable and desperate. Common good banks are a way to achieve our shared vision a little bit at a time, but very quickly, with immediate benefits for everyone, starting right here, right now.
Here's an introductory video: