Residential Solar Power,

Nick T. 10°

Hello. I'm doing my part to help spread the news that the time for residential solar power adoption is now.

What many homeowners don't know is that solar power is much cheaper than the energy that they are getting from their utilities.

For example.... there are many (easily millions) of American homeowners that pay at least $150/month on average throughout a typical year for their power. Being conservative by assuming that their utilities do not raise their rates, which they most likely will, this amounts to about $36,000 over 20 years.

A solar power system that can provide enough energy for the home in this example costs about $15,000. Most solar panel systems come with at least a 25 year warranty.

The decision is easy from here. Would you rather pay $15,000 for your energy over the next 20-30 years or at least $36,000?

For many of us who do not have $15,000 available, there are an increasing number of ways to finance a solar power system. Doing so would only figure to increase your monthly outlay for electricity by a manageable $50 or so per month (instead of paying $150/mo to your utility, your solar power loan payment would figure to be about $200/mo for a few years until the loan is payed off). So you might end up paying close to $20,000 for the solar panels. Still much better than $36,000.

Now these numbers are rough averages, yet are very realistic.
The fact is that solar is not only affordable now, it makes real financial sense for millions of homeowners.

The worst way to acquire solar is to sign up with one of the large companies that are pushing 20 year solar leases. You can get your own financing, have your system payed off in 5-8 years, and avoid the extra thousands in payments to these lease companies.

I work with companies that are doing the right thing for homeowners. Check my profile for my link. Otherwise, at least do your own research into solar. This is definitely one of the biggest things that the average homeowner can do to reduce air pollution and affect real change.

Featured Companies & Orgs 

Pledge to do these related actions

Buy a Solar PV System Now!, 1°

As solar photovoltaic systems become more affordable, many consumers have begun to consider installing solar ...

Go Greener!, 1°

The Environment Protection Agency (EPA) is already in field with their short and long-term target ...

Follow these related projects

EnergySaint

Cronton - a small village in Cheshire., United Kingdom