Air Pollution Causing Cancer,

Ena F.

I am a concerned citizen of Zenica (Bosnia and Herzegovina), where a global steel and mining company (ArcelorMittal) is emitting toxic chemicals into the air and the factory is basically in the city itself. As I've heard, the acceptable concentration of sulfur-dioxide in the air is 350 micrograms, and Zenica’s air reached 1.400 micrograms per cubic meter. The number of registered tumors has been increasing for years in the Cantonal hospital of the city.
The worst thing is that on their website, they promote their CSR activities and sustainable development as their key focus! How to influence them, in order to reduce the toxic emissions? Is there an institution at the European or international level where I can submit an appeal or report this crime? Is there an institution for reporting greenwashing?
Also, please sign our petition for this matter:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/local_gove...

1 reply

Theo W.

thanks for this article

Written in December 2013

Featured Companies & Orgs 

Pledge to do these related actions

Vote for politicians who fill fight climate change, 6°

If you're not sure, read this: If the President of the United States was informed ...

Support Marine Reserves for Healthy Oceans, 31°

Sign the online Greenpeace petition to establish a global network of marine reserves. "There is ...

Switch from paper to continuous cloth towels for the office , 21°

Paper towels are more expensive and more harmful to the environment than cabinet towels (aka ...

Follow these related projects

Plexus Slim Canada

126 Simcoe St. Suite #1107,Toronto,Ontario, Canada

Media information on line

Melbourne, Australia