If you haven't heard yet, there is a wonderful organisation called freegive ( http://www.freegive.co.uk ). Freegive is a community recycling network of online groups that enable the reuse of goods in local areas across the UK and other 124 countries across the world. Local volunteers in 570 groups are dedicated to helping our 502,668 members share their resources and reduce waste. Freegive website offer good second-hand furniture and what's more, it's free. All you have to do is bring the van.
How freegive group works:
1. You have a television or clothes or furniture or printer or toys you were going to throw out.
2. You join your local Freegive group.
3. You post an offer on your local Freegive group.
4. People respond to you if they are interested.
5. You pick a recipient and arrange for them to collect the item.
6. They take the item away.
7. You let your local freegive group know that the item is no longer available by posting an item TAKEN message to the group.
Note: If you need an item you can request one on your local freegive group in the same way by posting an item WANTED message to the group and if someone has what you're looking for they will contact you to offer it.
This is a great idea! Encouraging people to reuse and recycle things by giving them away and not sending them to the garbage bin!
Freegive ( http://www.freegive.co.uk ) is a great way to build a bond in the community and it's always good to recycle. Fantastic idea and everyone should join Freegive!