Renewable Energy is already Cheaper than Coal and Gas in Australia,

Now this is some good news, worth reading. So how can we avail one, or how is it going to work. Will it be supplying for all the houses, and does that mean that electric bills and so are oil and gases prices will go down?

Is that it?

Bloomberg New Energy Finance has performed an analysis of different forms of energy production in Australia, and discovered that electricity from renewable energy sources was cheaper to produce than electricity from new build coal and gas power plants.

New wind farms in Australia can produce electricity at $80/MWh, which is far cheaper than coal power stations which produce at $143/MWh, and even natural gas power stations at $116/MWh.

Michael Liebreich, the chief executive at Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), stated that “the perception that fossil fuels are cheap and renewables are expensive is now out of date.

The fact that wind power is now cheaper than coal and gas in a country with some of the world’s best fossil fuel resources shows that clean energy is a game changer which promises to turn the economics of power systems on its head.”

5 replies

Aden H.

I just wish this will be on market anytime soon, 2030 is just way too long for waiting. But at least a good innovation to look forward to.

Written in February 2013

I also have the same hopes as yours, it will be better if our energy sources are cheaper consequently bills will be cheaper and earth will be a better place to live in.

Written in February 2013

While I agree that this is a very inspiring and exciting improvement, my only fear is that America will not be able to sustain itself with these greener energies. While wind power may now be cheaper, there is not enough wind power to sustain our country. What's great is that I think one of the biggest problems with green technology is the expense, and if the green technology becomes cheaper, more and more people will be willing and want to use it. The smaller dollar value is absolutely a positive step in moving toward a greener country. But then, we come full circle, and go back to the issue of if we'll have enough. My hope is that soon enough, we will be able to sustain America with cleaner energy, but I unfortunately don't know if it is possible right now.

Written in March 2013

I think that this is really a nice idea.We must start doing this.

replacement ink cartridge

Written in April 2013

Steve B. 10°

Since 2011, wind energy costs have fallen by 10 percent in Australia ,that's why renewable energy is getting cheaper. Now all the other countries should follow this path making more use of renewable energy.

Written in April 2013

Featured Companies & Orgs 

Pledge to do these related actions

Synthetic Oils, 11°

With advanced SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS in your car's engine AND transmission you will improve its fuel-efficiency ...

petition Energy and Commerce Committee on Keystone pipeline, 11°

Stop Misleading Energy Pipedreams with your signature! Remind Congress that we don’t want to be ...

Convert Diesel Garbage Trucks to CNG, LNG and Hydrogen Fuels, 11°

In the United States approximately 175,000 refuse trucks operate and burn approximately 1.2 billion gallons ...

Follow these related projects

What's Your Crazy Green Idea? Video Contest

A X PRIZE Foundation project in Santa Monica, United States

Jefferson Sosa

Waukesha, United States