Registration is Now Open for PIELC 2013!
University of Oregon School of Law
From an initial gathering of just fifteen speakers and seventy-five participants in 1983, we have grown to become one of the world’s most important environmental law conferences. The Conference is full of energy, innovation, and inspiration for all of us involved in the environmental movement. Whether you are a seasoned Conference attendee or a first-time participant, we look forward to seeing you at this year’s Conference! Register Now!
This year’s PIELC is excited to welcome a great lineup of keynote speakers, including:
● Caroline Cannon, Inupiat Native Alaskan; 2012 Goldman Prize Winner for fighting arctic oil drilling
● John C. Cruden, President of the Environmental Law Institute
● Jim Gerritsen, Organic Farmer and President of the Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association (OSGATA); lead plaintiff in OSGATA v. Monsanto
● Hilton Kelley, 2011 Goldman Prize Winner for his environmental justice work on the Texas Gulf Coast
● Thomas Linzey, Executive Director of the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund
● Thuli Makama, Environmental lawyer in Swaziland; 2010 Goldman Prize WInner for her work to reinforce the right of public participation in the country’s environmental decision-making
● Our Children’s Trust Youth Plaintiffs, Xiutezcatl Martinez (12) from Colorado, Ashley Funk (18) from Pennsylvania, and Eshe Sherley (18) from Massachusetts suing the government to take action on climate change
● Gerald Torres, Bryant Smith Chair of Law at UT-Austin School of Law; a leading figure in critical race theory and the public trust doctrine
● Ed Whitelaw, Economist and Founder of EcoNorthwest
Our friends at Friends of Land Air Water host Registration. You can register online here. Registration for the conference is free unless you are seeking Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. CLE Credit is available for public interest attorneys for $95 and to other attorneys for $145. The cost of CLE credit will increase the week of the conference (the week of 2/24/13) to $125 for public interest attorneys and $175 for non-public interest attorneys, so Register Now!
Resources for Planning Your Attendance:
We have some great stuff you can find on our website www.pielc.org to help you plan for PIELC:
● Forum for organizing ride-shares - click here
● Discount rates on hotels near the conference - click here
● Information for tabling / reserving a table for your organization at the conference - click here
● A PDF of the conference brochure with a listing of the panels available for download (available soon!)
We look forward to seeing you at the Conference!
University of Oregon School of Law Student Organizers with Land Air Water